UK: Angry Tortoise Sets House Ablaze

UK: Angry Tortoise Sets House Ablaze

An “angry” looking tortoise has been rescued from a house fire after setting the place ablaze.

The 45-year-old reptile knocked a heat lamp onto his bedding, which caught alight.

It filled the house near Uttlesford in Essex with smoke on Christmas Day at around 4:50pm.

Neighbours heard the fire alarm and called 999, scrambling firefighters.

They put the blaze out and rescued the unnamed shell-dweller, which Essex County Fire and Rescue Service said “might look angry”.

Gary Wain, watch manager at Great Dunmow Fire Station, said: “This incident shows just how important it is to have smoke alarms on every level of your home.

“Even if you’re not home they will alert anyone close by to the first sign of fire.

 

Source: Sky News

COMMENTS

WORDPRESS: 0
DISQUS: 0
%d bloggers like this: